We’re back after a long summer! Today’s episode is all about games.
- Kyle has recently been playing an iOS game called Super Hexagon by Terry Cavanaugh, a simple but deceptively-challenging game where one tries to maneuver a small hexagon through a never-ending obstacle course. Available for iPhone and iPad for $2.99 on the App Store.
- Also by Terry Cavanaugh is VVVVVV, a challenging retro platformed where the action button reverses gravity instead of jumping. Available for Mac and PC on Steam for $4.99 and for the Nintendo 3DS for $7.99.
- Nathan likes playing Jetpack Joyride by Halfbrick, a single-button sidescroller with great replay value where one flies a jetpack down a hallway, avoids obstacles, and collects power ups. Available for iPhone and iPad for free, with optional in-app purchases for coins.
- Jason has been enjoying an addicting slot-machine simulator / RPG hybrid called Dungeons and Coins, by Sigma Game. Available for free on iPhone and iPad, with optional in-app purchases for coins.
- We’ve all been playing a lot of Letterpress lately. Letterpress is an engaging word game in the style of Words with Friends by atebits where one plays against a friend to form words and gain control of the game board. Its interface and design is also excellent. Available for free on iPhone and iPad, with a $0.99 in-app purchase to unlock full functionality.
- Nathan also enjoys Puzzlejuice by Asher Vollmer, one of the inspirations for Letterpress. Puzzlejuice is a fast-paced combination of Tetris and Boggle, available for $1.99 on iPhone and iPad.
This episode was recorded on October 27th, 2012. You can subscribe to this podcast via RSS or iTunes. We would appreciate it if you could take a second to give us a rating on iTunes. We’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment on this post. Thanks for listening.
Filed under Podcast