The contest has now officially ended. Congrats to everyone who completed the Levels! Winners will be contacted over the next couple of days.
Apple recently announced the revamped and recharged iPad, and they hit stores today. This new iteration of Apple’s tablet features impressive quad core graphics and state of the art Retina technology for higher def viewing. The new iPad continues to set the standard for elegance in design and advancements in performance and technology.
We’re impressed. Are you?
In our corner of the Apple universe, we continue to build a comprehensive resource helping those who dare to ask different. To celebrate the new benchmark in tablet computing, we ordered a few for you, in case to you didn’t have the chance to.
Because we can’t give new iPads to everyone (we wish that we could!), people who participate on Ask Different during the next two weeks to different degrees earn different Apple products. Visit the Ask Different iPad Contest Page for specific details on how these iPads (and iPods) are being given away.
This week the Apple universe is filled with hints about an impending iPad 3 announcement, speculation around what incredible product developments are next, and serene celebrations of Steve Jobs’ birthday. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time for Apple and Ask Different.
In our own corner of the Apple world, we want to honor you, the community, who dare to take a deeper look. Apple users around the universe continue to resolve their inquiries by referring to the comprehensive body of knowledge you are creating here. We thank you on our behalf and theirs.
This week, people who write 5 posts (questions and/or answers) and share those 5 posts (on Twitter, Google+, or Facebook) will receive Ask Different gift swag (shirts, stickers…) and will be entered into a raffle for an iPod Touch.
- Posts should have a score of 2 or more.
- We can only track shared posts that were clicked on at least once
- You should use sharing buttons embedded in the question page on the left side or the link below the question (to make sure we can accurately share gifts with everyone who shares their insights!)
- Posts should be written and shared between now and 11:59pm UTC on Friday, Feb. 24.
Thank you again for continuing to create this incredible community. If you have any input, suggestions or musings about current, past or future site promotions or anything ping me anywhere.
You may have seen iPhone 4S Week on Ask Different a few weeks ago. The iOS Challenge is a larger version of that, with slightly different rules and even more awesome prizes.
- The contest is open to both new and current Stack Exchange and Ask Different users.
- Everyone is eligible to participate regardless of geographic location. If you live in an area of the world where it is too difficult for us to ship you your prize, we’ll figure something else out on a case by case basis.
- The only metrics we’re using to determine winners are the number of page views and votes your questions get. So ask as many good questions as you can, and share them using whatever means you see fit. Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google Plus, whatever!
- There will be separate (and equal!) prizes for The Unofficial Apple Weblog readers who are participating in this contest. See this post on TUAW for more eligibility details. Remember, if you heard about us from our friends at TUAW, include in your Stack Exchange profile that you’re a TUAW reader.